Join Team Lucky Pup
We are very excited to announce that we were selected as the Pet Sitters International‘s Pet Sitters of the Year for 2022!
Pets aren't our roommates - they're our family.
We are committed to delivering the highest standards of service and premier pet care, and that means we need amazing, professional pet lovers on Team Lucky Pup.
We are on a mission to help our clients – and our team – live full and happy lives.
Our clients have our Lucky Pup promise with every client. This means we’ll care for their pets like we do our own (and we are pretty crazy about giving our pets the best). We are more than people that let a dog out or feed a cat. We call our clients our Lucky Pup Family because we want to truly be a part of their extended family and trusted circle. We bring peace of mind to our human clients, and a fuller, happier life to their pets through walks, play, companionship and education.
We believe pets deserve to be treated like VIPs – Very Important Pets!
Our Live Full, Live Happy mission applies to Team Lucky Pup, and it is a tenant we carry throughout all of our work. We believe that life is meant to be enjoyed. It is important that team members enjoy their work as part of our premiere pet care company, and that we also support each team member’s goals for their own happy life.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
What we’re hiring for: Pet Care Pros – Get paid to love on pets! (Yes, really!!)
If that sounds like a “too good to be true” dream job for you, keep reading!
Team Lucky Pup gets to work with some of the most awesome, hilarious, and fantastic pets in the Sioux Empire. From snuggling cats and taking good doggos on walks, our Team has a blast with our pet clients, spreading joy and happiness to cats, dogs, bunnies, guinea pigs, and the occasional chicken, horse, and goat. (Yep – those guys deserve our love and care, too.) We are out all around the Sioux Empire being active, enjoying fresh air, while also enjoying something new each day.
Our crew gets to feel a connection with our amazing clients – the humans AND the pets – and they share their thankfulness and appreciation with us every day. We also believe in working as a supportive, connected Team that helps everyone live a great life. (Now, if you’ve ever worked somewhere without those things, you know how big of a deal this is.) We believe in work-life balance, we respect your time, and are here to do our work exceptionally well for our exceptional clients.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Loves and feels comfortable with pets of all kinds, types, sizes, and shapes.
- Enjoys being out and about even when it is 0* and snowing. Because you can bet our dog clients still wanna take that walk and those cats still need their playtime.
- Ideally has experience working around a variety of pets and feels comfortable interacting with them. We will train the right candidate on our Lucky Pup “Secret Sauce,” but experience will put you ahead of others without experience.
- Has impeccable attention to detail. Our work often involves very specific care instructions that vary from family to family. This is to check your dedication to detail. Put the word impeccable in a sentence within your submission so we know you didn’t miss this part.
- Have a clean driving record. We do a lot of driving all around town and we want to look good and stay safe while we are in neighborhoods, byways, and highways. This is especially true if you are driving one of our LuckyPupMobiles!
- Likes providing great customer service. Part of what we do is making our clients feel connected to what is going on at home. We work diligently to maintain our status and reputation as trusted professional partners. An important aspect to this includes clear and professional communication with good grammar, clear writing, and the ability to report on the fun you’re having is important.
- Can pass a multi-state background check. Please see above!
- Has a fairly predictable schedule. While we have flexibility in our work and scheduling to help you life a full and happy life, we make commitments to our clients and we need to be able to follow through on those. Because of that, last minute changes to a team member’s availability is not something we can accommodate.
- Enjoys work as part of a team and also on their own. We call ourselves Team Lucky Pup, because we do work as a team to provide exceptional, impeccable care for our VIP clients. However, the majority of our work is done solo. Team members need to be able to communicate effectively with other team members, in addition to with our clients. We can’t be a great team and company if we can’t communicate effectively. If you don’t like comradery, sharing your favorite cute pet pic, having fun, and commiserating about the traffic at 5:23pm on a Wednesday, we probably aren’t a great fit for you.
- A work environment that cares about you and your definition of success
- Starting wage of $14/hr + tips
- Paid training
- Either mileage reimbursements per IRS guidelines or use of our company car
- Raise + paid time off accrual available at the completion of a 90 day probation period
Thank you so much for your interest in being part of our VIP team - we can't wait to hear from you!
But, here’s the thing. It is likely that we are going to get lots of applications, because we have some of the cutest clients in town (have you seen our Instagram??). So, if you think this might be the best job ever, make yourself stand out from the crowd. Make sure to tell us how you will fit this job specifically and why we would be lucky to have you on Team Lucky Pup. We can’t guarantee the form won’t refresh if you don’t send it in one sitting, so proceed with caution!
Please fill out this form to help us get to know you. It allows us to evaluate our needs and your needs, so we can determine if we should chat more. We are busy doing great things with pets, so filling out your information does not guarantee a call from us, but it does help us get in contact with you when we think we might suit each other.
Lucky Pup Adventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We are committed to creating and maintaining an impeccable workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. We are committed to making a workplace that does this, everyday. We believe people should be able to show up to work as the truest version of themselves and be welcomed – unless you are a jerk, enjoy drama, or are a nincompoop, in which case you need not apply, because we don’t have time for that. However, if you are not those things, we cannot wait to hear from you! We think we have the best jobs and best clients around, we would love to have the right folks join us!